You can pay using PayPal or credit/debit card online (to use a credit card, click PayPal, then choose “pay with credit/debit”). If you would like to pay with cash or check, you must come to our office in person to place your order, Tuesday-Friday 10am-4pm, 1450 Cass Rd. Traverse City.
After placing an order, seedlings and any other items in your order must be picked up in person at the Boardman River Nature Center on one of our pickup dates (Friday, April 26 from 10am-6pm or Saturday, April 27 from 10am-2pm). *EXTRA SEEDLINGS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE – FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED!*
Why is it important to plant native trees and shrubs on your landscape?
What to expect at this year’s sale:
- These seedlings are bare root seedlings. They do not have soil surrounding the roots when you receive them. This makes for easy planting and seedlings that more readily adapt to your soil.
- You can conveniently order online and pay with a debit/credit card through PayPal (you do not need to have a PayPal account).
- Due to the cost of processing refunds, refund amounts less than $5.00 will not be issued and will be considered donations to the District.
- This year’s sale will be by pre-order only! Orders must be placed on or before March 30th.
- Seedlings & supplies are limited and will be sold on a first-come, first serve basis. Please order early for the best selection!
- The District reserves the right to cancel orders and refund payments due to reasons beyond our control (such as supplier availability).
- Seedlings and any other items in your order must be picked up in person at the Boardman River Nature Center on one of our pickup dates (Friday, April 26 from 10am-6pm or Saturday, April 27 from 10am-2pm).
- District staff will make every effort to make available to the customer orders not picked up on the designated pick-up dates, but after those said dates the order will be considered cancelled and the customer will forfeit payment if not picked up.
- Seedlings are packed and ready for pickup, but we recommend you bring a box to carry them in or an old tablecloth or plastic cover to protect your car in case they leak.
- The Grand Traverse Conservation District cannot guarantee seedling survival. Our liability ends when seedlings are picked up.
- There will be a $25.00 fee on all returned checks.