By volunteering with the Grand Traverse Conservation District, you become an integral part of our organization. The time, talents and encouragement of our volunteers empowers us to further our mission to inspire exploration, appreciation and conservation of our natural world. You are ambassadors of our work—you are our inspiration.
Why volunteer with the Grand Traverse Conservation District? Ask Barb Stock, a longtime volunteer and Friend:
“You all make me feel special. That’s the difference. When I volunteer at the Grand Traverse Conservation District, the staff always makes me feel special.”
We feel the same way about our volunteers. Without them, we couldn’t do what we do.
Each year, our dedicated volunteers contribute hundreds of hours of their time to:
- Staffing the Boardman River Nature Center for the benefit of our more than 10,000 annual visitors.
- Monitoring and caring for our trails, parklands and the Boardman River
- Assisting with special events and office projects
Interested in volunteering?
- Fill out a volunteer interest form
- E-mail your application to Kelli Deal or drop it off at/mail it to the Boardman River Nature Center: 1450 Cass Road, Traverse City Michigan, 49685
- We will review your application and contact you to set up an orientation
- Questions? Contact Kelli Deal or call 231-941-0960
Specific training will be provided based on your area of interest
- Special Events (various opportunities are available depending upon the event)
- Conservation Work Bees (activities include removing invasive species, repairing trails, clearing brush/downed trees, installing native plants)
- Trail Stewards (monitoring the conditions of specific trails)
- Docents (staffing the Boardman River Nature Center, teaching/assisting in children’s education programs)
- Office / Administrative (data entry, filing, special projects)