For over seven decades, the Grand Traverse Conservation District has worked to conserve the natural resources that sustain the Grand Traverse region. Today, the Conservation District is leading the effort to engage our whole community as partners in this conservation effort with the goal of fostering a truly sustainable community. By participating in our Native Seedling Sale, you are not only financially supporting our critical education and conservation efforts, but you are personally modeling responsible stewardship of our natural world!
** Click Here to Order Online **
We also have a presentation on March 15th, 2017 – Successfully Planting Bareroot Native Trees for Timber or Backyard Diversity (Free to attend! Click through for more info and to register.)
What to expect at this year’s sale:
- These seedlings are bare root seedlings. They do not have soil surrounding the roots when you receive them. This makes for easy planting and seedlings that more readily adapt to your soil.
- You can conveniently order online and pay with a debit/credit card through PayPal (you do not need to have a PayPal account).
- This year’s sale will be by pre-order only! Orders must be placed on or before March 30th. There will likely be a limited supply of “extras” available to purchase on the seeding pick-up dates.
- Seedlings & supplies are limited and will be sold on a first-come, first serve basis. Please order early for the best selection.
- Seedlings and any other items in your order must be picked up in person at the Boardman River Nature Center on one of our pickup dates (Friday, April 21, 2017 from 10am-6pm or Saturday, April 22, 2017 from 10am-2pm).
- Seedlings are packed and ready for pickup, but we recommend you bring a box to carry them in or an old tablecloth or plastic cover to protect your car in case they leak.
- The Grand Traverse Conservation District cannot guarantee seedling survival. Our liability ends when seedlings are picked up.