For over seven decades, the Grand Traverse Conservation District has worked to conserve the natural resources that sustain the Grand Traverse region. Today, the Conservation District is leading the effort to engage our whole community as partners in this conservation effort with the goal of fostering a truly sustainable community. By participating in our Native Seedling Sale, you are not only financially supporting our critical education and conservation efforts, but you are personally modeling responsible stewardship of our natural world!
For the first time, we are offering the convenience of ordering and paying online! Click here to go to our online store (but make sure you read the details below).
What to expect at this year’s sale:
- This year’s sale will be by pre-order only! Orders must be placed by April 1st.
- Seedlings & supplies are limited and will be sold on a first-come, first serve basis. Please order early for the best selection.
- Seedlings and any other items in your order must be picked up in person at the Boardman River Nature Center on one of our pickup dates:
Friday, April 25 between 10am and 6pm
Saturday, April 26 between 10am and 2pm
- Seedlings are packed and ready for pickup, but we recommend you bring a box to carry them in or an old tablecloth or plastic cover to protect your car in case they leak.
- The Grand Traverse Conservation District cannot guarantee seedling survival. Our liability ends when seedlings are picked up, or after April 20th.
Not sure what would work best for your home landscape?
Join us for our Seedling Sale Open House on Wednesday, March 18th from 4:00pm to 6:30pm at the Boardman River Nature Center (click here to register). Join native plant experts to discuss the species available during our Seedling Sale or come in for assistance with placing an order on our website.