For over seven decades, the Grand Traverse Conservation District has worked to conserve the natural resources that sustain the Grand Traverse region. Today, the Conservation District is leading the effort to engage our whole community as partners in this conservation effort with the goal of fostering a truly sustainable community. By participating in our Native Seedling Sale, you are not only financially supporting our critical education and conservation efforts, but you are personally modeling responsible stewardship of our natural world!
After placing an order, seedlings and any other items in your order must be picked up in person at the Boardman River Nature Center on one of our pickup dates (Friday, April 20, 2018 from 10am-6pm or Saturday, April 21, 2018 from 10am-2pm).
What to expect at this year’s sale:
- These seedlings are bare root seedlings. They do not have soil surrounding the roots when you receive them. This makes for easy planting and seedlings that more readily adapt to your soil.
- You can conveniently order online and pay with a debit/credit card through PayPal (you do not need to have a PayPal account).
- Due to the cost of processing refunds, refund amounts less than $5.00 will not be issued and will be considered donations to the District.
- This year’s sale will be by pre-order only! Orders must be placed on or before March 30th.
- Seedlings & supplies are limited and will be sold on a first-come, first serve basis. Please order early for the best selection.
- The District reserves the right to cancel orders and refund payments due to reasons beyond our control (such as supplier availability).
- Seedlings and any other items in your order must be picked up in person at the Boardman River Nature Center on one of our pickup dates (Friday, April 20, 2018 from 10am-6pm or Saturday, April 21, 2018 from 10am-2pm).
- District staff will make every effort to make available to the customer orders not picked up on the designated pick-up dates, but after those said dates the order will be considered cancelled and the customer will forfeit payment if not picked up.
- Seedlings are packed and ready for pickup, but we recommend you bring a box to carry them in or an old tablecloth or plastic cover to protect your car in case they leak.
- The Grand Traverse Conservation District cannot guarantee seedling survival. Our liability ends when seedlings are picked up.
- There will be a $25.00 fee on all returned checks.
Why is it important to plant native trees and shrubs on your landscape?