- Seedling Size: 8-14″
- Seedling Age: 2-0
- Mature Height: 60 – 90 feet
- Mature Width: 50 – 80 feet
- Soil Type: Acidic, Drought Tolerant, Well-drained
- Moisture: Moderate, Moist
- Sun: Partial Shade, Shade
- Growth Rate: Slow, Medium
Key Characteristics of White Oak
- Leaves are simple and alternately arranged with round edges, in contrast with the pointy leafed red oak.
- Bark is light grey and platey with a showy trunk.
- Acorns provide an immense wildlife value to a wide variety of animals and insects.
Visitors Attracted to White Oak
Did You Know?
Oak trees are one of the best trees available for habitat, providing food through its acorns, as well as through the diversity of insects it supports.