- Seedling Size: 6-12″
- Seedling Age: 1-0
- Mature Height: 50 – 75 feet
- Mature Width: 40 – 60 feet
- Soil Type: Acidic, Clay, Loamy, Moist, Sandy
- Moisture: Moderate
- Sun: Full sun
- Growth Rate: Fast
Key Characteristics of Red Oak
- Leaves are alternating and are 4-8″ long with waxy, spine-tipped lobes.
- Offers great shade due to a dense crown.
- Round acorns provide an immense wildlife value to a wide variety of animals and insects.
Visitors Attracted to Red Oak
Did You Know?
Oak trees are one of the best trees available for habitat, providing food through its acorns, as well as through the diversity of insects it supports.