- Seedling Size: 6-12″
- Seedling Age: 2-0
- Mature Height: 8 – 15 feet
- Mature Width: 8 – 12 feet
- Soil Type: Sandy, loam, clay
- Moisture: Moderate or moist
- Sun: Full sun or partial sun
- Growth Rate: Medium
Key Characteristics of Ninebark
- The fruit used in sauces, jellies, and juices.
- The bright red fruits often persist on the plants throughout the winter, which is good for ornamental value.
- The fruit is not normally eaten by birds until after they have frozen and thawed several times.
Visitors Attracted to Ninebark
- American robin (Turdus migratorius)
- Cedar Waxwing (Bombycilla cedrorum)
- Ruffed Grouse (Bonasa umbellus)
Help Control Invasives!
Highbush cranberry is a native alternative to the non-native but not invasive European highbush cranberry (Viburnum opulus), or the invasive burning bush/winged wahoo (Euonymous alatus).