- Seedling Size: 18-24″
- Seedling Age: 2-0
- Mature Height: 8 – 15 feet
- Mature Width: 8 – 12 feet
- Soil Type: Sandy, Loamy, Clay
- Moisture: Moderate, Moist
- Sun: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Growth Rate: Medium
Key Characteristics of Ninebark
- The fruit used in sauces, jellies, and juices.
- The bright red fruits often persist on the plants throughout the winter, which is good for ornamental value.
- The fruit is not normally eaten by birds until after they have frozen and thawed several times.
Visitors Attracted to Ninebark
Help Control Invasives!
Highbush cranberry is a native alternative to the non-native but not invasive European highbush cranberry (Viburnum opulus), or the invasive burning bush/winged wahoo (Euonymous alatus). Replacing non-native and/or invasive species with native species in your landscape can make a big difference in supporting local wildlife!