- Seedling Size: 6-12″
- Seedling Age: 1-0
- Mature Height: 15 – 40 feet
- Mature Width: 15 – 40 feet
- Soil Type: Clay, Loamy, Sandy, Acidic, Well-drained
- Moisture: Dry, Moderate
- Sun: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Growth Rate: Fast
Key Characteristics of Allegheny Serviceberry
- Prefers moist, well-drained soils, but is tolerant of a wide range of soils.
- The white flowers have 5 petals in drooping clusters which appear in early spring.
- Dark purplish, black berries are often used in jams, jellies and pies.
Visitors Attracted to Allegheny Serviceberry
Did You Know?
Some say that it is without question that Allegheny Serviceberry is one of the top plants for birds. Over 40 species of birds have been documented to eat the fruit.