- This event has passed.
Peepers – Time to Sleep
November 17, 2015 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am$5.00
The Peepers Preschool Program for 3-5 year olds was created in 2008 in response to a growing national concern for the disconnect between children and the natural world. The Peepers program provides an ideal environment for those pivotal “first nature experiences”—the ones that last a lifetime and set children down a path of curiosity, empathy and wonder. Offered once a week throughout the spring and autumn, the 90-minute nature programs include stories, crafts, music, and discovery activities.
- Our class size is limited to 20 students. Pre-register here.
- Read the Peepers Blog to see what it’s all about!
- Programs run Tuesdays from 10:00am – 11:30am from September to May at the Boardman River Nature Center
- $5 per child per session
- Friend’s Discount! Attend four programs get the fifth free (will receive a punch card)
- Want the discount? Join our Friends program today!
Each program ends with an outside portion that will vary between a short exploratory hike, a game, or engaging play (i.e. sand table/water table, digging, etc.) to bring the lesson to life. This program is specifically developed for children ages 3-5 and all children must be accompanied by an adult for the duration of each session.
**Weather Policy: When TCAPS is closed due to weather, the nature center and all of the education programs, including Peepers, will be cancelled.**