Parkland Technician –
For full position description and directions on how to apply, click here!
The Parkland Technician helps implement improvement projects within the publicly-owned quiet
recreation parklands that the District manages through Resource Management contracts with
various municipalities. S/He is responsible for:
- Assists with the development and implementation of annual work plans for each property;
- Supervises work crews, seasonal staff and volunteers on construction projects and other
improvements on the parklands;
- Develops site plan designs, obtains permits, and other approvals for projects;
- Coordinates the acquisition of materials, contractors and other resources needed to
- Works as part of the District’s Conservation Team to maximize educational and
community engagement aspects of those projects;
- Works closely with the Boardman River Program Coordinator on field work related to
bottomlands management and river-related restoration activities.
Accepting applications no later than 11:59pm EST, Sunday, December 31, 2017, or until filled.
Finance and Human Resource Coordinator –
For full position description and how to apply, click here!
The Finance and Human Resource Coordinator is responsible for managing the financial and human resource aspects of the District. The Coordinator is responsible for the District’s finances from day-to-day activities to payroll, taxes, internal financial reporting, year-end processing and audit preparation. The Coordinator is the lead in developing the annual budget with other department Directors and the Executive Director.
The Finance and Human Resource Coordinator is also responsible for aspects of human resource activities for the District, to include background checks, submission of new hire records, administering employee health and fringe benefits, and deferred compensation.
In addition, the Finance and Human Resource Coordinator should have knowledge and the ability to review insurance needs for the District (worker’s compensation, unemployment, general liability, professional liability, D&O, etc.).
Accepting applications no later than 5:00pm EST, November 20, 2017, or until filled.